- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Gallatin Field (KBZN)
- Government & Legal
- Regulations (CFRs)
- Cross Country Flying
- Knowledge Tests
- Must Know
- Just For Fun
- Flight Instruction Profession
- General Aviation
- Business Aviation
- Risk Management / ADM / SA
- Training, General
- Safety & Survival
33 users online | 33 Guests and 0 Registered
- What is FAA's definition of "known icing?" (40454 views)
- Private Pilot Airplane Training & Cost Calculator (36942 views)
- What advice have you for a pilot who's told ... (36369 views)
- Instructor Rate Sheet 2016 (36092 views)
- How Do You Know If You Are A Commercial ... (35808 views)
- Is it proper to question my CFI? (34436 views)
- How important is "airmanship" with modern aircraft? (32996 views)
- What treacherous conditions are associated with mountain weather? (32549 views)
- IFR departures (31423 views)
- What is Stick-and-Rudder Flying? by Rod Machado (31389 views)
- An overview of the 3P and PAVE model
For an overview of the 3P (perceive, process, perform) and PAVE (pilot, aircraft, environment, external pressures) situational awareness decision making models, see the great article ...
- Are stick-and-rudder skills relevant?
YES! And Rod Machado explains why in the attached article. From: "License to Learn: In defense of stick-and-rudder training" by Rod Machado AOPA Pilot April 2012, page 36 ...
- At untowered airports I hear, "Traffic in the area, please advise," Is this correct procedure?
Good question, and no. In fact, AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual) specifically states this "should not be used under any condition." See the great article by Frank ...
- Any tips for new and aspiring flight instructors?
For some tips for new flight instructors see the great article by Ralph Butcher attached at the end of this FAQ. From: "The best pilots: New instructors ...
- ADS-B and portable avionics, by Bill Gunn
Are you up to speed with the changes taking place with ATC? ADS-B is coming on-line and a variety of electronic devices are available to ...