Mountains, and mountain flying presents challenges unique to the environment. For information on the hazards of mountain weather follow these links to the great article by Karsten Shein.
"Mountain Weather" by Karsten Shein
Professional Pilot Magazine
January 2012, page 96
- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Gallatin Field (KBZN)
- Government & Legal
- Regulations (CFRs)
- Cross Country Flying
- Knowledge Tests
- Must Know
- Just For Fun
- Flight Instruction Profession
- General Aviation
- Business Aviation
- Risk Management / ADM / SA
- Training, General
- Safety & Survival
40 users online | 40 Guests and 0 Registered
- What is Stick-and-Rudder Flying? by Rod Machado
- Are stick-and-rudder skills relevant?
- Is "integrated instruction" a practical method?
- Where should I look during landing roundout and flare?
- IFR departures
- How can I visualize holding pattern entry?
- The Circling Approach by Ralph Butcher
- What are some tips to help me during holding?
- How important is "airmanship" with modern aircraft?
- If an IFR approach procedure has only circle-to-land minima that are limited to category A, B and C aircraft, is it legal for a Category D airplane to fly the procedure, provided the approach is made straight-in?
- What traps can catch the unweary during circling?
- How much airspace is protected for circling approaches?
- How is the VFR climb used?
- What are departure procedures at untowered airports?
- What options are available for procedure turn and holding entry?
- What is the objective of the procedure turn and how should it be flown?
- What changes are coming because of improved satellite navigation?
- What treacherous conditions are associated with mountain weather?
- How can a student recognize proper flight instruction?
- What are the benefits and misconceptions surrounding aerobatics and upset training?
- ADS-B and portable avionics, by Bill Gunn
Categories for this entry
- Please give me an overview of your Mountain Flying courses.
- BZN TOWER 2011 RUNWAY SAFETY PILOT BRIEFING
- You made my flight review fun...
- Hope to fly with you again...
- I am interested in purchasing a Micco aircraft...
You can comment this FAQ